Friday, September 21, 2007

We're Getting Closer!

Hello all, our preliminary court hearing went very well. People who attend our hearing included; The Judge, Prosecutor, MD of the baby house, Olesya-our translator & coordinator, and the Administrator of Education. The questions went well, “What do you do for a living, what is your yearly income, why did you choose Kazakhstan, why didn't you adopt in American? They aksed, "how many siblings do you both have?". Then, they asked if our siblings would let us adopt their children-oh my gosh, what a funny question! Larry did an excellent job answering all the questions. Typically in this country, the men take the lead in these types of situations. We will have our 2nd court hearing next week and then we will return to Pennsylvania.

Most likely we will be returning to Kazakhstan on November 1st (arriving in Kostanai on the 3rd) to bring Norah home on November 8th. I wish our return could be sooner, however, due to a holiday, Norah’s paperwork may be delayed a week. Visas are only signed on Thursdays which can make things challenging.

We're having a very difficult time with the thought of leaving our precious little baby. Today, we met with Dr. Irina, the Director of the Baby House to thank her. She wished us all a long, happy, and healthy life, she said, "This baby will be a continuation of you both". We all teared up-life is so precious, what a gift this trip has been for Larry and I, we've never before been so in the moment. So, here's hoping this finds you at home all "in the moment".
Love to all~Christy, Larry & Norah

6 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

Yeah!! I actually do feel as though I am in the moment with the three of you, only I am watching from a distance! It is so exciting to read about your journey as it unfolds. I tear up reading your blogs often, I am so happy for the three of you!!!

I am also happy that if you return around November 8 we will be able to come, and it is a scheduled long weekend for us because it is Veterans Day.

Sending lots of love, hugs, and kisses to the Abrams Trio!!

Love,
ifer

jim said...

Good news!!! Mom actually called me to tell me early yesterday (friday). I know that you are relieved to have that step accomplished. We are too.

In the moment......yes, children help you to remember to be in the moment. We can all learn from that.

Glad all is well. Jim and I are trying to figure out when/if we can come. I plan to call you tomorrow morning (sunday morning for us) to talk about that. We really want to be there, thinking some time in November, maybe a long weekend.

Love you three, miss you, Deb & Jim

Dianne Gizowski said...

Oh Christy and Larry, Congratulations on getting through this step!! I know it'll be tough coming home and leaving her, but hopefully, it will SPEED by, and you'll be back picking her up in a blink of an eye. A VERY WISE friend of mine once said that as we get older time has a sense of "fleeting by". (I know she was wise because she had big teeth). So here's for fleeting time, then may it go slowly so you can enjoy every last second of her!
Best wishes, love, Nan

Aunt Sandy & Uncle John said...

Hi Abrams Three,

It's Monday in New York and I'm just able to read your Friday blog
as our A.O.L. has been off the air all weekend in our region. Don't know what happened but very happpy to be back online.

We are looking forward to knowing you are in Pa for a few weeks but hope the time will go fast for all of us. How much we are all looking forward to the blessed event of Norah joining her American family.
She will be so loved and well cared for her whole life long!

We wish you safe travels.

All our love,
Aunt Sandy and Uncle John

Lorilee said...

Larry and Christy,

I am so happy that you have gone over another hurdle. The finish line is in sight.

I love the picture of the 3 of you. I think it is appropriate that your first holiday together will be Thanksgiving. Lots for all of you to be thankful for.

The other picture I love is the one of Norah on the floor looking at Brown Bear, and she has her head and feet up. She is like a little boat on her belly. So happy to see that she is such a reader.

I can't wait for you all to come home. I look forward to meeting the new Abrams Family.

When you do come home, you will have to take her to the King of Prussia Mall to get her own Vera Bradley bag.

Please be safe on your return, and keep reminding yourself that leaving is just another part of the journey to bringing your daughter home. Your almost there.

Love to all,

Lorilee

Susan Johnson said...

Hi Christie,

I was at the Villa today to see Mom and Aunt Faye and they gave me the info for your blog. YOU look wonderful and Norah is absolutely, positively beautiful!!! It looks like she was made to fit into your arms.

I made something special for Norah which I left at the Villa. It was made with love and prayers for this little wonder.

You'll be an amazing family

Love
Sue Johnson