Friday, October 12, 2007

We're still here!

YIKES! I think we almost lost our loyal following of Bloggers! I do apologize for letting so much time slip by. Honestly, it was incredibly difficult to leave our little Norah, and I fear my emotions may have come in the way of returning to the Blog. However, it hit me yesterday, thanks to a kind email Larry received from one of his friends from work. She told Larry how much she enjoyed the Blog, and how much she has missed it, and wondered how we were all doing. I think I may have underestimated how many amazing people are out there cheering us on. So, our sincere gratitude goes out to each and every person sharing this journey with us. Larry and I created this Blog for Norah, so that one day, we can show her how many people were watching, waiting, and falling in love with her. After all, the journey is just beginning….Larry and I celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary on October 9th. Although we are blessed to have a loving marriage, we are now even more grateful to be a family of 3. We are extremely eager to return to Kazakhstan to receive Norah. We know she is in excellent hands thanks to Dr. Irina's wonderful staff and baby house. All the same, we miss our little girl with all of our hearts. We leave November 1st and will return Nov. 8th with our bundle of joy. We plan to continue to Blog-so look for new pictures and stories of Norah once she's home. We are thrilled that there are so many people out there supporting us. Thank you for all the beautiful gifts, cards, thoughts and prayers.

*I want to give a special, special THANK YOU to Sue Johnson, my friend from Villa Saint Martha. Larry and I can’t wait to see Norah in the gorgeous little dress you knitted for her-and she even has a dolly that you made to match. She’s going to look so cute. Thank you Sue-what a special gift, we will keep it always and say “remember when”….Love, Christy

7 comments:

Dianne Gizowski said...

Christy!!
Thank goodness! I kept checking the blog, I didn't know if you'd made it home (yes, I know I could have just emailed you). So glad to her that all is still on track. I know it must seem like an incredibly long month, but you're in the home stretch of such a very long trek. Then the new one begins!!! Happy Anniversary, too!
Love, Nan

Susan Johnson said...

Hi Christy,

Ah, I'm glad you liked the doll and dress because I had a lot of fun making it. It gave me the opportunity to really think about how important family is and to what lengths we will go to be with our children. It was made with prayers for your safety and continued happiness.

Dearest Norah,
I don't think you can ever really know the joy and anticipation your mommy exuded as she waited to meet you. She bubbled over - it was contagious. I wish every child could come into a family that was so completely brimming over with love.

Blessing to you all
Sue

John & Jenny Morgan said...

We had the pleasure of meeting Norah (the Queen Bee) at the baby house and missed her when she left. (We were there adopting Roxana from Oct-Dec.) I'm happy to find your blog and know that she is home with such a loving family!

Cindi said...

Thank you so much for having an open access to your blog!!! My husband and I are "waiting parents" and will also be heading to Kostanai in a few months so I am absorbing as much as I can through other's experiences - it has been wonderful to read your story and share in your joy!

Best,

Cindi

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.

Danielle & Barnabas said...

Christy, I hope you are still checking this. My name is Danielle Abrams. My dh and I adopted our daughter, Norah, this past Feb. from Viet Nam. We blog at www.danibarn.blogspot.com. One of my friends typed in your blog address by mistake. Very weird. 2 Norah's and 2 Abrams families. Crazy. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi from MO.

janetttt said...


Hi! I think you’ll be interested in the blog telling about the life in Shpola orphanage in Ukraine. Subscribe to getting latest blog posts and news here https://hopenowusa.org
Have a good day!