Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hello Whispell's of Colorado!!

Hey Brett Sean!
Cousin –how great to hear from you! What do you mean I’m “No Spring Chicken”-after all, you’re only 1 month younger then me!! Just remember, I’ve seen you in the bathtub! I’m glad to hear Kim, Mike & Dani are doing well. Please send a big “Hello” to Theresa, NY and Ashland, OR from me. I owe you a phone call! Please keep us posted whenever you’re in New York-we can drive up with Jenn & family to see you all (or, you can come to Norwich). We have to get together-time goes too quickly-especially now that we’re 40!!!! I loved your poem –I’ll add it below in case folks miss the comment section. It’s so good to hear from you-unfortunately our email does not work here in Kazakhstan, but Blog us anytime and I’ll bee back on line soon once I’m home at cwabrams@comcast.net
~Much Love, Christy
IF I HAD MY CHILD TO RAISE OVER AGAIN
If I had my child to raise over again I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later. I'd finger-paint more and point the finger less. I would do less correcting, and more connecting. I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes. I would care to know less , and know to care more. I'd take more hikes and fly more kites. I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play. I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars. I'd do more hugging, and less tugging. I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often. I would be firm less often, and affirm much more. I'd model less about the love of power and more about the power of love.
YOUR CHILDREN ARE PRICELESS
-Diane Loomans

No comments: