Sunday, August 19, 2007

6 Months Old on August 18th!

Norah turned 6 months old on August 18th, what a gift it has been to spend this precious time with her. We can’t wait until “Pa-Pa” returns this Saturday, August 25th!! Larry flies out on Thursday the 23rd and will arrive here on Saturday early morning of the 25th. Our first “official visit” with Norah will begin on the 27th. We are anticipating our first court date to fall on September 14th or 17th. Our final court date will then be September 21st or 24th.

For those of you who may not know, Kazakhstan is a country that has a 2-trip process for international adoptions. Although technically, I would be allowed to stay here for the 5 weeks in between trips, I’ve made the extremely difficult decision to return to PA with Larry. This came after many days of agonizing and much ambivalence.

During the 5 week period (or less, God willing) our interpreter Olesya retrieves all of the necessary paperwork and will complete all the other seemingly endless yet important, tasks such as obtaining Norah’s passport. It’s been absolutely heartbreaking for me to think of leaving Norah. However, I’ve been focusing on the positive; Larry and I know that she is well taken care of, her surroundings are familiar, and for her, this is the only home she has ever known.

When I come home with Larry, it will give me an opportunity to replenish & truly prepare for Norah’s homecoming. Larry and I came to the agreement that if I stayed in Kazakhstan by myself for an additional 5 weeks, after having been here for almost 70 days already at that point, I may arrive home completely drained. The best analogy I can come up is when a Flight Attendant announces right before take off; one is instructed to put on their own oxygen mask prior to assisting others. So, I’m putting on my oxygen, and I’ll breathe big deep breaths and I’ll return to my beautiful Daughter as quickly as the bureaucracy allows!

Also, Dear-“Husband & Pa-Pa”, thanks for taking such good care of us-we know you’re working so very hard for our family and we really appreciate it, we miss you and know that you will arrive safely to us. On a funny note, I was impressed with your list of Russian words that you added to the comment section of the Blog. Did you happen to notice the Russian word for work? It is “rah-BO-ta” and I find that quite ironic as it looks like the American word Robot!!! There is a reason that there is 90% literacy rate here in Kazakhstan-our fellow Kazaks & Russians are very smart!!! What can I say, sense of humor goes along way when you spend so many hours alone each day.
Love to all, Christy & Norah

9 comments:

Carlee and Uncle Bob said...

Good morning Christy and Norah,
I read your blog pretty much every day and am always fascinated. I think it is so wonderful that everyone can be a part of your wonderful journey! I am very grateful to be one of those people. I am so happy for you and Larry, Christy. Your blog shows every day how your bond with Norah is growing and how lucky she is and you and Larry are for having found each other.

Know you are in out thoughts, our hearts and our prayers every day.

Happy six month birthday to sweet la-la Norah! Carlee and Uncle Bob

Pam said...

Hi Christy,

Happy 6 months to Norah!! I know that must have been an absolutely agonizing decision to make. I'm sure in the long run it will help for you to come home for a short time and refuel. I'm sure you'll have lots of shopping to do. Also, won't it be nice to wash your clothes in a real washing machine!!

Love,
Pam

Certified Life Coach said...

Dear Christy,
If only you could see your dear husband nesting. Just when I thought there was nothing left to clean in your immaculate home, he found something: The huge outdoor garbage can. Sorry Larry but I just know Christy will smile. We are trying to pin him down to share a glass of wine or take him to music in the park but he is always on the move.
We saw your sister and her family last week. Logan and Taylor sure grew this past year. Soon they will say the same about sweet Norah. Your sister looks so much like you I nearly hugged her.
Love to you and yours!
Jake & Peter

Brittany said...

Happy 6 month b-day, Norah!!! I LOVE visiting your blog, Aunt Christy. I am SO happy to hear how wonderfully everything is going -- it makes me SO happy! And to see your face in these photos -- all 3 of you look SO full of love and joy! I love you SO MUCH -- give Norah a BIG hug and kiss from her cousin's Brittany & Victor. We love you! oxoxoxox
-The Crewdsons :o)
P.S. SO glad you're feeling better!

Dianne Gizowski said...

Happy 6 Months to Norah!! Christy, thanks for some of the details on your comings and goings. It great to have more of an understanding of how it's all working for you. I'm sooooo sorry you got sick, I can only imagine feeling that crappy so far from home. Jeez, I don't even like to be at BOCES when I don't feel good, say nothing about around the world. Mashed potatoes will do the trick no matter WHAT is ailing someone, no?
I totally can understand your need to recharge before taking on the full time job of motherhood. Norah will need you in tip top shape as she adjusts to her wonderful new home!
Thanks again for keeping up with the blog. We all love it! Take care, pea-in-a-pod friend!!! Love, Nan

Aunt Jennifer said...

Happy 6 Month Birthday Norah!!

We love you lots,
Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Mike, Taylor, & Logan

Unknown said...

Christy -
Well, if you are going to be home for a few weeks, use it to your advantage! Get some naps, because they will be few and far between for 18 more years! :)
Every time I see something that says "Baby's 1st Christmas" on it (and believe me, I have been seeing this lately), I think of Norah! Happy Birthday to her and safe travel to you!
Love,
Stacey

Aunt Sandy & Uncle John said...

Hi Christy and Norah,

Happy 6 months birthday to Lala Norah. We are sooooooo happy that she has now reached that most important big B-day. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm behind in my blog comments as we went to Mass. this past weekend for Douglas Merrick and his now wife Karen's wedding. Doug is Uncle John's nephew. Actually,we stopped in Norwich on the way home Sunday and read the copy of your blog that Uncle Bob and Carlee had brought to Grandpa and Eunice.(news travels fast)

I wish you didn't have to make the decision to come home for a few weeks but I do think you've made a good choice. You will have a chance to rest,shop for Norah,"Bessieize the already perfect nursery,have some mat and Pappa time but most of all just talk talk, talk about your beautiful daughter Norah. I assure you she will know your voice,touch,and face when you return to her.

You are in our hears and prayers. Love you so very much,
Aunt Sandy

Christy & Larry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.