Thursday, August 9, 2007

Born In My Heart

Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously
My own.
Never forget
For a single minute,
That you weren't born
Under my heart,
But in it.
~Author Unknown
All is well today August 9, 2007-so difficult to leave Norah.... our 1 & 1/2 hour of visiting time at the Baby House feels like 2 minutes. I found the above poem in one of my books-I think it's beautiful and it reminded me of a moment I had with my 3 year old Nephew not too long ago. Logan asked, "Aunt Christy, is the baby growing in your belly?" and without hesitating, I replied, "No Logan, the baby is growing in my heart." Logan gave me the biggest smile & hug and patted my heart just like one would pat a pregnant lady's belly-what a priceless moment.
Debbie, I'm thinking of you & Allyson, I can only imagine how difficult it will be for you to leave her on Saturday. Norah and I can't wait to come home and spend time with her-we'll take good care of her-she's so brave to move across the country to PA all the way from AZ.
Jim & Mikey I couldn't help but notice that Larry posted pictures of the gorgeous Russian dancers (front & back shots I might add)-we'll have to get better close up shots for you in the future-the women here are unbelievably beautiful.

6 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

You can see that the words to the poem are so true to you in each picture that you post!! You should know that it feels to all of us like Norah was born into our hearts also - long ago, we just had to be patient and wait for the time we were meant to actually meet her.

Isn't it amazing what kids can teach us? So glad Logan gave you the gift of that moment!

Looks like you may be spending some time in the sun??

I'm sure your time with Norah passes way too quickly, I just hope waiting for Larry to return goes fast for you also!

Norah is adorable! It looks in the photos like her face is filling out a little? Perhaps all the love and attention and fun eating adventures are serving her well!

I will try to call you later today.

Love ya,
ifer

Pam said...

Hey Christy,

I love that poem. How absolutely perfect it is. Alex was just looking at all the new pictures of Norah. She wanted to let you know she loves Norah so much and can't wait to meet her. She had a friend over yesterday and I overheard her talking about her new cousin. She was so excited. Enjoy every moment you have

Love You,
Pam

Debbie and Allyson said...

Hello Aunt Christy and new cousin Norah!!

I just wanted to say that I love you both and I cannot wait to see either one of you.

Hope you're both feeling better.

I love you! =]

Allyson

Carlee and Uncle Bob said...

Hi Christy and Norah! Hope you are both feeling better now. You both look great! Uncle Bob, Aunt Sandy and Uncle John have gone to PA to see Debbie and Allyson. I am sure they are all very happy to see each other...the same way everyone will feel when you two get to PA!

Christy, the poem is beautiful. How appropriate! The time you spent with Logan was so precious. I hope all continues to go well for you. Will you get more than 1 1/2 hours a day with Norah as the weeks go by? Hopefully the weeks will pass quickly and you will soon be home where you have all the time with her that you want every day!

Thank you for sharing your time, your experiences and your beautiful daughter with me and with all of us. I am sure everyone who views the site feels the same way I do...it is a wonderful thing to be a part of!

Take care and know you are thought of every day. Be well! Carlee

Dianne Gizowski said...

Holy Cow...how fun is it to spend the summer with you all. I'm amazed that it was apparently a LONG, LONG time ago when I visited Christy in AZ....Brittany has a husband?? Allyson moving across the country??? GOOD GRANNY, HOW MUCH TIME HAS GONE BY????
Larry, thanks for all the "extra pictures"...they're awesome. And Christy, I'm glad the food is good!! You all continue to look so happy!Love, Nan(=

jim said...

Christy-I'm using Larry's laptop, sorry if it's confusing. Love the poem. Like Jenn said, she was born into our hearts as well. So excited and happy for you three.

All is well here. Like you said, yeah, saturday. I don't know what to say. I'll be a mess. Thanks for the message. I know that you will take good care of her.

It must be hard for you to be there without Larry. He is missing you and always anxious to hear how your and Norah's day went. He's so in love with her. What a blessing for us all.

I will call you when I get back to AZ. We are thinking of you every minute, wondering how you are doing and what you are doing. We pray for the three of you each night. Be safe, give my new niece lots of hugs and kisses from her Aunt Debbie. Can't wait to meet her. Love you, miss you so much, Me