Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Gift She Has Given

Our little girl is 7 months old today, and we can hardly believe how much she has grown since we arrived at the baby house on July 27th!

Amazingly, we received word that Norah’s birth mother came to sign the final relinquishment papers today. Not all birth mothers come to sign the final papers for their children. I believe by her coming, it shows a great sense of character. In my mind, she cares enough to make sure all the paperwork is finalized so that Norah’s adoption will go smoothly. I believe she wants her baby to have a “Ma-Ma & Pa-Pa”.

I’ve been thinking of Norah’s birth mother a lot these past few months and find myself wishing that I could convey to her how grateful we are for this most amazing gift. For as long as I can remember, I’ve silently said prayers before I go to sleep, family and friends have always been in my prayers and now, I will certainly add a prayer of gratitude for Norah’s birth mom; gratitude for her courage, strength, and overwhelming gift of life & love.

Dr. Irina, the orphanage director said to me, “now, it’s up to you”. I feel, I was born to be a Mom, ‘had to be a Mom’, and now, I know, I was born to be Norah’s Mom. So, when I thank God each night for my beautiful daughter, I will be sure to thank him for Norah’s birth mom, who gave her life and faithfully passed the torch to me. I wish I could say to her; “this baby is so loved, she is safe, she will never be hungry or cold, she will laugh & play, she will travel & see the world, she will go to wonderful schools, and she will have family & friends who will love her all the days of her life. We are grateful to you and we are honored to be Norah’s-“Irina” parents, she is the light of our lives.” That is my wish that she could know in her heart the unbelievable gift that she has given.

2 comments:

jim said...

I don't know how to start. I have to finish sobbing uncontrollably first though. I wish you could tell Norah's (Irina's) birth Mom these beautiful words too. None of us can truly feel what she must be feeling. But, God has seen to it that Norah has been given all that she needs, love. Love from every direction. We are blessed with her and she with us.

Yes, you were always meant to be a Mom, and we have all wished this for you. You are and will continue to be one amazing Mom. We can get a little taste of you in action over the internet, but we can't wait to see this for ourselves. She's a very fortunate little girl to have a Mommy and Daddy that love her so.

So, now to stop the tears. Maybe.

Hopefully you got Mom and Dad's message that they sent last night. They were over, had supper, read the blog, some of it. There is a lot for them to catch up on. They always write such nice messages.

Everyone is very anxious for you to be home. It feels like the time is getting closer. I hope it does for you too.

Jim and I are well, not much to report. Girls and Victor are good. Allyson comes home in 2 weeks, can't wait.

Be safe, love to you three. Give Norah lots of hugs and kisses from Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jim
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Aunt Sandy & Uncle John said...

Dear Christy,Larry and Norah,

Happy 6 months birthday to Norah!
Just think of all the wonderful things that are going to happen in the next 6 months,as Norah turns one. What a party!!!!! Chocolate cake in the hair anyone? Now who did that?!

Christy,your eloguent writings leave me nearly speechless once again. I think we've all shed buckets of tears in the last couple of months as we have read your blog entries. You and Larry have made us feel so much love not only for Norah but also for the two of you. You are most certainly two very wonderful people with a wonderful daughter. You heartfelt thoughts regarding Norah's birth mother certanly touched our hearts. She has blessed our family with such a treasure.

I was glad to know that your Mom and Dad had a chance to read your blog at Debbie and Jim's.

All our love to the Abrams family,
Uncle John and Aunt Sandy