Monday, August 27, 2007

America The Beautiful.....


Hello America! Well, 36 days into the trip of a life time, and Norah & I sure are happy to have Larry back with us in Kazakhstan! Daddy is pretty tired and the jet lag is hanging on like no tomorrow-but, I’m sure in a few days he’ll be fine. As I’ve already mentioned, the food here is very good, but I sure do miss some things back home. Especially our families & friends!! Oh, and what I would give for a cheeseburger right off the grill, a brownie, or even I hate to say it, a peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich-on my favorite bread from Wegmans-ha yes, Wegmans, oh how I miss Wegmans!! It’s amazing to me that there is no peanut butter in Kazakhstan, no brownies, no real pop-corn (like we know it anyway). I guess what I’m really beginning to miss is the familiar, the comforts of just ‘same old, same old’. With that said, I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in the world. Spending each day with Norah is priceless. Today we saw Norah from 1:00-3:00 pm; she had a MD physical this morning during the time we normally visit. It was interesting to spend the afternoon with her. She had mashed potatoes, with ground beef and apple juice for lunch. She drinks the apple juice right out of a tiny shot glass-I really haven’t seen anything like it. Larry and I can’t wait to bring her home-we are so blessed and grateful. Thank you for thinking of us-and for all the prayers.
Lots of love,
Christy, Larry & Norah.

PS: Taylor May, I wanted to tell you, Uncle Larry brought me your wonderful note that YOU wrote! When did you learn to write I love you Aunt Christy?? Your printing is excellent, I’m so proud of you-just wait until your kindergarten teacher sees how smart you are. I’ll see you soon. I can’t wait to play our jewelry game again. xoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Aunt Sandy & Uncle John said...

Hi Christy,Larry and Norah,

Larry,we hope you are recovering from your jet lag. Must be difficult to jump from one world into another but no doubt worth it to be back with your beautiful girls.

How nice that you were able to spend more time with Norah. Sounds like an interesting lunch for her. Does she have milk in the shot glass? When the three of you come home do they give you menu suggestions for her meals? Bet she'll be introduced to American peanutbutter shortly after she arrives in Pa. Love to see her face after the first taste.

I just returned from having lunch with three friends at Patz restaurant, where the four of us went for dinner last July. It was beautiful sitting along Lake Ontario. A sailboat came in with a "just married" sign waving in the breeze. Intersting way to spend a honeymoon.

As always,we enjoy your blog and the memorable pictures. We can hardly wait to see your wonderful dochka, Norah Caroline Irini in person.

All our love,
Uncle John and Aunt Sandy

Lorilee said...

Christy and Larry,

When do you come home?

Lorilee

Diane Winters said...

Hey Christy, Lary and NORAH

I have just read the blog from beginning to present day! It is just beautiful! You all look so extremely happy and content with your new little beautiful girl. Your story is so beautiful. We all here at the Villa think about you and hope you (all three) are having a wonderful time bonding. Christy, I'm sorry to hear you were down with food poisoning and are up and well.
We can't wait to see you all again back home. Thanks for keeping up with the blog - it's the greatest invention.
Love to you - Diane Winters

Christy,
P.S. Susan and here family have moved out to their own home. (They have vacated our building)

jim said...

Hi! Wish I could send you brownies, hamburgers, chocolate chip cookies (of course) and what ever else your heart desires! Homemade macaroni and cheese maybe? We really take these things for granted don't we.

Hope Larry is recovering from the jet lag. Did you hear any more from the Gish's? Mom told me they were delayed in Almaty, hope I spelled that right.

Mom,Dad and everyone in AZ is good. Brittany has been selected for jury duty, supposed to be only 3 days or so, we'll see. She finds it all very interesting, just a bad time to be missing work. They are very busy right now. Also, the trial is in Mesa, so it's quite a drive.

Allyson is doing well in PA. Getting settled in and getting to know her roommate better. She's doing all of those things that you have to do when you move, registration, insurance, license etc.

Keep the pictures and messages coming, we all look forward to them. I plan to call soon. I miss talking with you as we usually do. Give Norah lots of hugs and kisses from all of us. Deb & Jim